Monday, January 28, 2013

Valentine's Wreath


 I figured it was time to take down my evergreen Christmas wreath. It happened when I was driving home from picking up one of the littles, and was laughing to myself at the people who still had Christmas decorations up. In my head, I KNEW they must be trashy, ya know?

Fast forward to pulling into my own driveway and realizing, "OH CRAP! I've still got Christmas decorations up! Look at the wreath on my door!" You know what that makes me, right?

Really frantic to fix this problem.

Luckily, it didn't take too long to fix. I ran to the Dollar Store and picked up a wicker wreath frame (the one I picked up was 9 inches) and then the stash of fabric scraps I already had. It's easy-peasy lemon-squeezy to make. Just cut the strips about 1.5 to 2 inches wide, and 12 inches long. I used some satin, but most of mine were cotton, and those were SUPER easy, because you can just make a notch, then tear them (you can't tear the satin). Gives them a cute, frayed look.

Tie those beasts all around the wicker base, scoot them close together real tight like I did in this picture and viola! Valentine's Wreath and no more trashy folks living at my house.

I think it turned out cute and the whole thing took me less than an hour. Whatcha think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before they are published. Please be respectful of one another, or I just won't publish it. ;)