Sunday, December 9, 2012

Well... it's been awhile

New Year's Resolutions - HA, I laugh in the face of New Year's Resolutions. Apparently, I made some resolution to blog regularly. We ALL see how that turned out. I haven't posted since February.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I've THOUGHT about blogging. I've had great ideas for blogging some things. But then I'd psyche myself out and think, "Oh, it's been too long." Then I'd see other people blogging about stuff a month or more older and think, "Oh, maybe not." But by then, I didn't have time, and welllllll... you get the point. Excuses, excuses. Much like that resolution to lose weight. Something always came up (usually my weight!).

Just to get you updated, a TON has happened since I last blogged (besides German Chocolate Brownies which happened a lot).

In March, I got an ACTUAL, real, career-type job. I got back into the career world! Part time, but it works out PERFECTLY for me, since I have Coco and Mabel (who both also celebrated birthdays since I last posted so they're now five and four respectively). I now work at Cooperative Christian Ministry in their Development Department. I handle our donor management and public relations. We do some pretty awesome stuff there including emergency and transitional housing for homeless individuals and families, run NUMEROUS food pantries and mobile food pantries, and offer financial assistance to folks to help them get back on their feet through rent/mortgage, utilities and even medicine.
 
Over the summer, we went to the beach. That was a lot of fun. My mom and a couple of nieces went with us and we got some great pictures and wonderful memories. Plus I got to wear a really cool bathing suit that I was comfortable in, something that doesn't happen too often.

Then, the biggie. COCO STARTED KINDERGARTEN! Seriously. KINDERGARTEN. I cannot say enough how amazingly scary and sad this was. But so exciting at the same time. So weird. How can something be scary and exciting and sad at the same time?! But it was. My baby boy started school! Real school, not preschool. I cried, of course, and took the whole day off. It didn't take long for me to get used to it though, because within the first month, I had already forgotten to pick him up from school and slept late, making him tardy. Alas, I started setting an alarm on my phone to pick him up and making sure I get up the FIRST time my clock goes off in the morning.

When did my baby get so big?

Then there was Halloween:
 
Batman and Cinderella!
 
And Thanksgiving:
 
My whole beautiful family

And now, Christmas:
 
Even though this was the day before Thanksgiving!
 
Like I said, it's been a busy year! Thankfully, I will have more time to blog because I'm giving up my job at Target this year. My last day is TONIGHT! I'm excited to spend more time with the kids, do things on the weekend with my little family and yes, even blog more. So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before they are published. Please be respectful of one another, or I just won't publish it. ;)